[vorbis] Why the commotion about file extensions?

Jens Prüfer jens.pruefer at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 14:49:24 PDT 2003

Hello again,

orry for this endless discussion. I did not want to start a flame-war here.

To sum it up: I really do not care what extensions you chose. I will never
rely on them anyhow :)

But please do not use the "_" (underscore) in the extension. It makes it
clumsy and Windows-Users do not know what that funny letter is for anyhow and
would probably put in blanks instead.

A >3 letter extension will probably abreviated to 3 letters anyhow. Just think
of .mpeg vs. .mpg files. So I guess you should stick to three letters,
allthough four letters is much more elegant. After all: When has Windows been
about elegance before ;)

Ah, don't respond to that rhetorical question, please. Feel free to comment on
alt.linux.sux ...

Cheers

Jens