[vorbis] .ogg file extension for both audio and video?

J.W. Harris index at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 05:00:53 PDT 2003

someone snipped the attribution :

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Paul E wrote:

> Windows (atleast my Win2k pro) can handle .vorbis.ogg.  I'd bet that XP
> can too then.  I don't know about 9x though.  I still think the most
> simple approach is best.  The KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule.

Really?  That hasn't been my experience at all.  I developed
a website on my linux box but was forced to do some
last-minute changes on a MS Win2k box.  The piece of crap
choked on filenames with more than one dot.  The command
line in MS Win2k is distinctly less capable than the one
shipped with previous versions of MS Win NT.

Or can the GUI File Explorer in MS Win2k handle multiple
dots in filenames fine whereas only the command line chokes?

Just remember that if you have more than one dot in a
filename, you WILL have problems at the MS Win2k command
line.

--refusing to use MS Windows anymore,
(not completely true, I watch DVDs on my father-in-law's PC)
--J.W. Harris