[vorbis] OMF static LIBs for Borland ?

Dejan Savic sdejanni at eunet.yu
Tue Jul 8 02:21:18 PDT 2003

Hi,
I have a problem and I hope that someone, possibly someone from Vorbis
developing team, could help me out.

My question is:
"Are there OggVorbis static libraries in OMF format that can be statically
linked to a Borland C++ Builder compiled applications?"

Static LIBs that I found in Vorbis Win32 SDK are in COFF format, and
therefore I was only able to link dynamically to DLLs. Unfortunately that is
not good enough solution for me, because audio applications that I modify to
support Ogg Vorbis have some features (OGG in EXE) that are meant to export
only one single file with no extra DLLs. Applications (3 of them) are all
developed in BCB 5. Borland provide a tool coff2omf.exe which doesn't work
with OBJ files, but only with DLL's import LIBs. Command line tool with the
same name from Digital Mars also didn't solve my problem.

So the only solution for me are static libraries that are compiled in
Borland C compiler (32-bit OMF) and not in Microsoft C compiler (COFF). I
hope that such LIBs are available, or that someone from Vorbis Developers
Team who has compete source code could use Borland copiler (instead of MS)
to make static LIBs in OMF format for programers that have this kind of
problems.

Thanks for any suggestion.  :-)