[vorbis] Concerning 'tagging proposal'

Kyung-Joon Lee kjoonlee at hitel.net
Fri Jul 4 09:42:59 PDT 2003

Hi,

It is my opinion that a 'tagging standard' which aims to cater to everyone,
caters to noone. Tagging style ultimately depend upon tagging tastes; I
personally think it would be unwise to try to match everybody's tastes.

Now, having a 'tagging proposal' instead of a 'tagging standard,' hardly
seems worth the effort, to put it mildly. I doubt anyone would want to
follow it. I, for one, do not wish to follow someone else's proposal when I
can think of my own best way to do it.

I have the tools (mass-tagging, mass-tag-manipulating programs) to
manipulate the tags just the way I like them, no matter how they're already
tagged.

I'm satisfied, and I don't think I'll benefit from a tagging proposal.

Kyungjoon Lee