[vorbis] Zinf

al goldstein gold at gas.zipcon.net
Tue Jul 1 14:00:46 PDT 2003

I've tried to avoid windows whenever possible because it is so difficult
to understand and use, besides the bugs.  I've been forced to it for
income tax, however.

Since so many customers of pan.zipcon.net use windows, I feel an obligation to
have a better acquaintence with it. I have not as yet tried any builds
just available binaries. I intend to write up instructions for novices in
my home page. Any help or squawks would be greatly appreciated. I'm using
win2000.

Wget 1.81 was relatively painless to get going (from the command line),
but winamp 2.72 with the ogg plugin would not accept ogg files.

I tried Zinf. It does ogg nicely, however I miss the feature of xmms of
playing a whole directory without assistance,

An annoying feature of Zinf-2.2.0a is over sensitivity. In the mp3 decode
it is much too loud, by a factor of about 5.

Any objection to the above assertions would be appreciated.