[vorbis] HDCD

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Thu Jan 30 02:38:29 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Giuliano Pochini wrote:
> Again, what do you really know about HDCD ? 1bit per sample is a 11Kbps
> stream. IMO there is just too few space to add all that fantastic sound
> quality and resolution comparable to 20bit audio blah blah blah they
> claim to achieve. That stream can be used to drive the digital filter
> to do some undocumented things.

The really sad thing about HDCD is that long ago, I thought of a way to
get true >16 bits audio from standard CD, in a way that would be
compatible with all players (standard players would only play 16 bits,
but extended players would get true >16 bits). And certainly less sucky
way than throwing away LSB for a stupid sideband...

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]