[vorbis] Vorbis on Legacy hardware

Kelly Schoenhofen kschoe at mn.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 19:44:20 PST 2003

>More like a sales management hack... the 486DX was just way too
>expensive compared to the 386 (esp. the AMD 386).

Ah, <weep> <weep> - the AMD 386-40 was my very first computer that was
"mine" (not purchased by my parents), I bought the motherboard from
someone on a BBS when I was 19, etc. etc. Ran everything dreamily (to
me) at the time. After about six months or so with it, I discovered OS/2
and it became my first OS/2 system, which I stayed ever-so-faithful to
for probably 3-4 years straight.

of a person named "Culus" on irc, and he released the first MP3 player
for OS/2 I think (go go command line players!), at that point I was on a
faster machine, maybe a 486dx2-66, and I *easily played mp3's with it,
while doing other things (go go OS/2!).

I think I was using his player starting late '95?

Kelly