[vorbis] What quality should I use?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Jan 8 03:32:28 PST 2003

On 2003-01-07, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Corey Miller (akheron at earthlink.net) wrote:
>
> > I'm by no means an audiophile, but I can
> > tell the difference between a q3 and q4 ogg easily.Is there any q
> > level that would give me the best quality for not taking up too much
> > space?
>
> This is a personal preference.You must decide for yourself where
> your "sweet spot" is.Nobody else knows what sounds good to you,
> or how much space you consider "too much".

The fact that this is a personal choice should be the first line of the
FAQ :-).  Those that want others' opnions can search the list archives.
I have nothing against these questions except that people repeatedly waste
their time answering to very similar questions...  (OP: don't worry, your
post was not special, I just now thought to comment on this).