[vorbis] Winamp vorbis crash

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Sat Jan 4 03:01:21 PST 2003

Hi!

( I am sending this also to vorbis at xiph.org, because Peters
homepage at http://www.blorp.com/~peter/ is ... dead, and I
am not sure what his email address is )

I have a ( more than probably corrupt ) ogg/vorbis file that makes
winamp lock up. If I drag&drop the file on winamp, the position
slider will start flashing at the leftmost position and winamp
does not respond to any user input any more and uses 100% CPU.
The only way to kill it is with the "Task Manager".

I append the ogg/vorbis file ( it is only 4kilobytes long ).
I created it with graphedit, using the OggDS DirectShow filters for
Ogg and Vorbis ( from http://tobias.everwicked.com/ ).
Look like the filters ( or graphedit ) are not entirely bugfree.
I will CC this mail to them too.

Detail information :

 - windows 2000 pro , SP3 , DX8.1b
 - athlon 900 MHz , MSI 745Ultra mainboard ( SiS 745 chipset )
 - winamp version 2.81
 - OggDS version 0.9.9.5
 - graphedit version: the About dialog says : Private - Build: 011008

Regards,
David Balazic