[vorbis] Vorbis on Legacy hardware

Corey Miller akheron at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 26 16:05:17 PST 2003

>  My idea was to have the accuracy change dynamically through playback
> based on an equation like A=1-(R-(T)) where A is the accuracy (1 being
> full accuracy), R is the time required to decode T milliseconds of
> audio and T being an arbitrary number that could be tweaked until the
> best system was found.

Sorry. it should be A=1+F*(T-R)  that way when the time it takes to
decode T milliseconds of audio (R) is larger than T (so it takes more
time to decode than the length of the audio) then a negative number
will be added to A, so accuracy will be lowered, and F will be a number
based on testing to figure out how much accuracy will effect the speed
of decoding