[vorbis] Exact decode positioning

Paul Noffke paul at mindwalk.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 01:36:31 PST 2003

Giuliano,

I have this mechanism working for the MAD mp3 decoder and I'm getting the
players sync'd to within 10 milliseconds.  The method I use is to have
the "master player" map it's current playback (decoded) position to the
corresponding encoded (raw) position.  The "slave player" then reverse maps
this and compares the result to it's own playback position to make adjustments.

And so the key is the "encoded/decoded" cross-reference map.  With MAD I can
work out the position in the encoded (raw) stream for each frame that is
decoded.  Does anyone know how I could do this using the ogg file interface?

Regards
Paul

This mail sent through http://www.easynetdial.co.uk