[vorbis] Exact decode positioning

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Fri Jan 24 00:50:40 PST 2003

> I'm busy working on a method of synchronising playback between two ogg
> decoders. [...]

I don't know exactly what you are going to do, but I suppose that the two
decoders run on different machines and the streams are not the same. It's
important to have a very low and constant latency communication channel.
Don't rely on the lenght of vorbis (or other codec) packets because their
length is variable. Work on raw data. You have to make your own buffering
code that sends data to the audiocard and it must provide smooth dalays
to resync with the other decoder without "clicks". I think it's not simple
at all. Good luck :)

Bye.