[vorbis] Vorbis on Legacy hardware

Øyvind Stegard oyvind.stegard at iu.hio.no
Mon Jan 20 05:46:02 PST 2003

Wow... You don't have something a _little_ less legacy :) ? I remember barely being able to play stereo 128kbit MP3s (@44.1KHz, 16bit) on an old 486-DX4-100MHz. Usually it wouldn't do, and I had to drop to mono playback. 100% CPU all the time of course.. I seriously doubt you could get sensible vorbis playback on a 486-33... but who knows...