[vorbis] Ahead Nero Burning ROM soon to support Vorbis!

Ido Shamir shamir at mh.org.il
Tue Jan 14 07:43:32 PST 2003

As mentioned at: http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=101 :

---QUOTE:
Is Ahead planning to add Ogg Vorbis support and is there any date set?

Well we probably owe a big apology to all those users who have been
requesting support.

To begin with, I think the Vorbis communities and developers alike, have
done a fantastic job in widening the acceptance level of the Ogg formats. It
’s also a great credit to their efforts generally that support has grown in
many applications, and is now looking to spread to hardware devices in the
future. But maybe a small explanation of the way Nero works regarding
plug-ins might help with some understanding

Regarding audio formats, Nero has a very flexible plug-in architecture,
meaning it’s not so difficult for developers to instigate external audio
codec support that would work directly within Nero itself. It was always our
intention to make this implementation as adaptable as possible, without any
restriction and totally format independent. Of course we’ve been very late
in providing the documentation, meaning our own commitment to encouraging
more widespread ‘external’ format support, has been much slower than we’d
have liked ;-( Of course it probably didn’t help when users saw our own
developed mp4/AAC codec appear in the last release, but this never meant to
be a snub to the great work going on with Ogg.

Anyway, the good news is pretty soon we expect to have the plug-in
documentation completed, and this will be uploaded on our web site. Then
shortly after, we would hope to see the first Ogg plug-in for Nero. Promise
;-))
---END OF QUOTE.