[vorbis] rc3 versus 1.0

ben-extra at MIT.EDU ben-extra at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 9 15:54:10 PST 2003

I am sorry I wasn't clear - I didn't want to use dpkg, because of
dependencies on other libraries would (as I understand it) mean
upgrading chunks of my system to unstable.

But, I did find back-ported packages, apparently done by Norbert
Tretkowski.  I got them and they worked great; I am now running 1.0.0.
I did have to do a:

chipmunk:/usr/lib# ln -s libvorbisfile.so.3 libvorbisfile.so.0

to make xmms work.  I don't know if doing this will break something
else, but it works enough to let xmms run.   Packages are at:

http://people.debian.org/~nobse/debian/woody/backported/

-Ben Blout