[vorbis] Winamp vorbis crash

Joel joefor-1 at student.luth.se
Sun Jan 5 05:18:46 PST 2003

> I have a ( more than probably corrupt ) ogg/vorbis file that makes
> winamp lock up. If I drag&drop the file on winamp, the position
> slider will start flashing at the leftmost position and winamp
> does not respond to any user input any more and uses 100% CPU.
> The only way to kill it is with the "Task Manager".

I was only able to reproduce this if the file is the only entry on playlist and
repeat is on. Else the vorbis plugin just refuses to play the file end skips to
the next.

Try dragging a second file to the playlist (gotta have it open before winamp
stops responding). That's the only way i've found out of this lockup. (short of
killing the app)

Anyway I think you should report this to winamp since vorbis is part of the
standard-winamp package. (forums.winamp.com perhaps?)

Regards
/Joel