[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

Benjamin Weste Pearre bwpearre at alumni.princeton.edu
Thu Feb 27 16:16:07 PST 2003

I don't think that this is inconsistent with anyone's goals:

PERFORMER=Michael Volle, tenor
PERFORMER=Ulrich Eisenlohr, piano
PERFORMER=Sergey Meniailenko (guest appearance as Duke of Gloucester)

How is that bad?

Guest performers are performers just like everyone else, aren't they?
Obviously that comment about "in pop, PERFORMER is usually the same as
ARTIST" wouldn't apply here (I'm not sure how it ever would apply
unless the piece is both written and performed by one person).  I'm a
huge fan of killing the ARTIST field entirely, as _everyone_ who has
input into the creative process is an artist, including the recording
engineer, and certainly whoever made the sushi, if it was indeed
tasty.

--
Ben Pearre                               http://hebb.mit.edu/~ben