[vorbis] Vorbis Comment question

Sergey Meniailenko sergeymk at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Feb 27 12:47:47 PST 2003

No, PERFORMER is different. It is defined by xiph.org as follows:

"The artist(s) who performed the work. In classical music this would be the conductor, orchestra, soloists. In an audio book it would be the actor who did the reading. In popular music this is typically the same as the ARTIST and is omitted."

The PERFORMER field has no way of distinguishing between the main artist and secondary (guest) artists. I have thought of using the ARTIST field multiple times, with the first occurrence being the main artist and the rest assumed as being guests -- but that doesn't work for cases where two artists have equally contributed to a release and who are both main artists.

Sergey