[vorbis] interesting news from afterdawn.com

Christian.Buchner Christian.Buchner1 at epost.de
Thu Feb 20 17:08:26 PST 2003

  since real networks are supporting Vorbis in their own software, does this mean that I'll be able to listen to music in the Vorbis format, and has anyone else heard anything?

Real Networks are not really supporting vorbis. The helix plugin is still unfinished
and unpolished.  I don't know about the status of RTP streaming support for this
plugin either.

Cellphones cannot decode vorbis - unless they are really fast smartphones with
a decent microprocessors and a serious amount of RAM.

Christian