[vorbis] Hardware List Draft

Patrick Masters pmasters at fuse.net
Tue Feb 4 14:30:39 PST 2003

What the author below is referrign to is that the DP-450 and DP-500 play
Divx movie files. Some people prefer to use Vorbis audio in their Divx
encodes so when he says it plays stand alone audio files he refers to audio
with no video muxed together.

KISS Technology's DP-450 and DP-500 DVD Players
    These DVD players can play Vorbis files from a CD-R and CD-RW,
    despite some quirks with UTF-8 tag display.

    NOTES:
    Is it wise to note the problems?
    I don't know how to deep-link to that site.
    A previous post confirmed it works for the 450, but from KISS's tech
    support:
    My question:  "I've heard the DP-450 supports Ogg Vorbis files on a
    CD-R; does the DP-500 or any others support that?"
    Their answer:  "They will at the moment both 450 and the 500 support
    Ogg but only as Audio standalone files."
    (I'm can't quite parse that sentence, but it seems to mean the 500
    will work similarly to the 450.)
    LINKS:
    http://www.kiss-technology.com

    The demo board is sitting on Monty's desk, and testing continues at
    breakneck speeds. It's looking good so far. More news as it it
    relevant, okay? If we update this site every day, we won't be
    workin'. :)