[vorbis] HDCD

Michel Donais ogg at micheldonais.com
Sat Feb 1 14:28:15 PST 2003

At first, I planned on not answering this one ... but then, at least,
I'll answer as courtesy. Last mail for me on the matter (OT on a OT
topic, it's terrible), feel free to answer.

> bright idea :-/

I am not here to answer binary-101 questions. As for zero-crossover, of
course it's twice as big, it's one bit lacking. The difference, it adds
"intelligence" to the last bit, which some will say (me included) adds
quality, when the HDCD decoder is present.

I do invite you to check out Krell products. Of course it colorizes the
system, every piece of equipment colorize a system, the question is of
how much, and how much of its neutrality can you perceive. (Besides, I
don't own a Krell CD player, I don't have that kind of money. I do know
someone who does though, and I must've listened to at least 50 hours of
music at his home, more than enough to make up my mind on the subject).

Mike