[vorbis] ogg123 and plugger

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Feb 14 13:59:52 PST 2003

Hi. I'm trying to get plugger to work with ogg123 and it does - sort of.
No matter what the song is, it plays 24 seconds of the song and then
dies. Same spot every time - I've tried with a short song (Janis Joplin
Mercedes Benz) and a long song (Cracker Eurotrash Girl).

I have this as the mime identification in the plugger rc file:

audio/ogg: ogg: Vorbis Ogg audio
application/x-ogg: ogg: Vorbis Ogg audio

I've tried the following different commands - all ends up the same:
        stream, preload: ogg123 -
        stream, preload: ogg123 -b 128 -p 50 -
        stream: ogg123 -
        stream: ogg123 -b 128 -p 50 -

I should note that mpg321 works perfectly with the mpeg audio (mp3) file
at http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html so I don't think its a
browser cache issue.

Is my issue with ogg123 a configuration issue, an ogg123 issue, or a
plugger issue? Or possibly a server configuration issue? (It's being
served with the application/x-ogg mime type)

The exact amount of time before it cuts almost makes it sound like it
*could* be a server issue - though the server has no issue sending the
same file streamed to xmms through a .m3u file.

Thanks for any suggestions.
My plugger 4.0 was compiled on (fully patched) RH8 if that matters - and
ogg123 is the one that shipped with RH8, the .ogg audio files were
created with oggenc on RH8 from cdrom.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>