[vorbis] Listening to Ogg streams with MacOSX

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Fri Aug 8 10:49:08 PDT 2003

> > Download this OGG component for QuickTime 6.2+, follow the installation
> > instructions, and listen to us using iTunes.
> > http://www.illadvised.com/~jordy/
>
> Have you tested this?  AFAIK, the quicktime plugin does not support
> streaming, only saved files.  This is exactly why we need a list of
> software that supports playing Ogg streams, not just files.

Also, it only supports a few configurations of Ogg files, not all of
them.  It's limited by missing features (or I'd call them bugs) in
Quicktime, that maybe they will fix by the next version, maybe not.
Even then, streaming still won't work in iTunes, since that doesn't use
Quicktime for anything but local file playback of unknown filetypes.

jack.