[vorbis] Listening to Ogg streams with MacOSX

Andrew Greenburg agreenbu at nyx.net
Fri Aug 8 10:43:45 PDT 2003

James Cridland <james.cridland at virginradio.co.uk> wrote:
:
: >From: Arc [mailto:arc at indymedia.org]
: >LISTENING TO OGG VORBIS STREAMS ON A MACINTOSH RUNNING OS X:
:
: ...is rather easier than that big list.
: >From our "listen now" page for Apple Macs (www.virginradio.co.uk/listen)...
:
: Download this OGG component for QuickTime 6.2+, follow the installation
: instructions, and listen to us using iTunes.
: http://www.illadvised.com/~jordy/

I didn't think the OGG component for QuickTime supported streaming. At
least, it never worked for me in the past. Whenever I would click on an
ogg vorbis link, it would download the entire file before playing it.
Is this a new version?

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg
                     http://www.nyx.net/~agreenbu/