[vorbis] offtopic mailer discussion

Tom Felker tcfelker at mtco.com
Tue Aug 5 16:28:23 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 2:24 pm, noprivacy at earthlink.net wrote:

> Ahh.
>
> So basically, it is a *known* problem with OE (not the first time a bug has
> been found in MS code!) **BUT** some mailer clients ignore the known
> problem and allow their users to create emails which many (most!) people
> will be unable to read.
>
> Certainly nice of the authors, don't you think...

You're right, the authors really dropped the ball.  They ignored a known
problem (one of many) with their email software, and they expected the rest
of the world to work around their bugs.  Of course, the users aren't
blameless, they never demanded anything more.  In their apathy they allowed
OE to prosper despite it's flaws.

Did you choose OE over other email clients, or do you only use it only because
it was pre-installed?  You don't need to use Outlook Express just because you
use Windows.  Think about it.

--
Tom Felker

McBride: "I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five..."