[vorbis] is ogg flac ready to be used by the average user?

Sergey Meniailenko sergeymk at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 27 21:17:39 PDT 2003

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post, but while we are on the subject of flac, here's my question:

Is the current version of ogg flac (encoded with flac.exe from the official flac website) some kind of beta implementation or is it a fully compatible release that will continue to be supported by future applications?

The reason I'm asking is because I get the following error message when encoding:

WARNING, cannot write back seekpoints when encoding to Ogg yet