[vorbis] Which encoder ver to use?

Tone tone_ml1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 25 03:19:04 PDT 2003

OK, thanks very much for sharing your thoughts. It has helped me in my decision making. I'm going to start doing some tests,  using Garf's tunings (Oggenc2) at q6. Sounds good so far, but need to do some proper tests (ie burn some decoded tracks to audio CD). One more question though. Since the Garf's tuned version encodes to a higher average bitrate, if you compared this with a straight v1 encoding with higher quality so as to match ave bitrate, which would sound better? Sorry if the question sounds too dumb. I do really appreciate Garf's contribution, but for now at least, it does seem to have muddied the water a little.

Thanks again,
Tone.