[vorbis] Which encoder?

Tyler Knott vault-responce at charter.net
Thu Aug 21 10:39:24 PDT 2003

I was going through some of my old CD-Rs and I found some really old
Vorbis files.  They sound pretty decent though the bitrate is really
high(~200 kbps).  Their vendor string is Xiphophorus libVorbis I
20000508.  I looked on http://wiki.xiph.org/XiphHistory but that doesn't
list any encoders from June 08, 2000.  Could these files come from a
pre-Beta1 encoder?  It also says it was encoded by FreeRIP MP3 though it
gives no version number.