[vorbis] Renice ogg123

Tom Felker tcfelker at mtco.com
Thu Aug 14 22:46:04 PDT 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 10:25 am, Björn Lindström wrote:
> I'm thinking of writing some sort of SUID wrapper for ogg123 that will
> always run it at maximum priority for use with mpg123.el on my Linux
> system.
>
> I just wanted to check first that I am not duplicating efforts
> here. Has anyone already written a tool like this?

I haven't tried to figure this out for myself, but I think the sudo command
can do that.  It's a generic SUID thingy that lets you chose commands users
can run as root, so you could probably allow "nice -n -5 ogg123 *" and
nothing else.

--
Tom Felker, <tcfelker at mtco.com>
<http://vlevel.sourceforge.net> - Stop fiddling with the volume knob.

The Congress shall have Power... TO PROMOTE THE PROGRESS OF SCIENCE AND USEFUL
ARTS, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive
Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;