[vorbis] Rio Karma? Has anyone heard about this?

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Mon Aug 11 09:22:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:34:24AM -0400, John Wedoff wrote:
> http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=220&cat=53
>
> Bottom line 20GB player with Vorbis and FLAC support.

That store says that they're "out of stock", other websites I found
through a google search indicate that this item will not be released for
another two months.

However, it does look like the Neuros has a run for it's money, atleast
as far as people looking to simply play their Ogg files on a portable
player.  Rio is a pretty big company that's well established for
portable MP3 players, two of my housemates both have a Rio player and
use it often.

Maybe this is just their first player to support Ogg, and we can expect
future players by Rio to all carry this capability? :-)  Prehaps this is
just the leading edge of complete industry adoption of Ogg as as standard?