[vorbis] offtopic mailer discussion

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 12:24:50 PDT 2003

> > > Perhaps Outlook doesn't like a Content-Type of multipart/signed?
> >
> > Maybe.
>
> I just found out that it is an OE problem. PGP/MIME as defined in RFC
> 2015 is also in RFC 2440 and 3156. This thread describes OE's problems
> with it:

Ahh.

So basically, it is a *known* problem with OE (not the first time a bug has
been found in MS code!) **BUT** some mailer clients ignore the known problem
and allow their users to create emails which many (most!) people will be
unable to read.

Certainly nice of the authors, don't you think...

I don't know enough about mailers, RFC etc. etc. to even know where to start
searching for that.  I just knew I couldn't read many messages.

Thanks.

NoPrivacy.