[vorbis] offtopic mailer discussion

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 11:32:32 PDT 2003

> Perhaps Outlook doesn't like a Content-Type of multipart/signed?

Maybe.

Or maybe Sylpheed is doing it wrong.  (Or deliberately in an incompatable
fashion.)

Or maybe the mailer software is messing it up.

never
> > with direct mail, it might also be due to some setting in the mailing
list
> > software that xiph uses.
>
> Or maybe you don't get any direct mail from anyone using Sylpheed.  Or
from
> anyone using multipart/signed with PGP.  Maybe you should have Charles
email
> you directly and see if it's the same.

I've never had anybody complain to me about having difficultly directly
sending me a message.  Other than the message disappearing due to spam
filtering, of course, but that's done by my ISP and is outside of my
control.

I suppose that could happen, but it seems to only happen with a few lists I
subscribe to.  So I thought the problem might also be the mailing list
software making some changes or something when it forwards a multipart
message.

Yeah, I forgot.  You'll get over it, though.  It's not going to kill you.