[vorbis] Ogg Filesharing Tool

Kelly Schoenhofen kschoen at mn.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 05:54:15 PDT 2003

>> thanks, but it seems that just a few people share their oggs there...

>Not many people use WinMX..  Period.

>As for Ogg vorbis.... the reality is that not many people use it.  Most
people aren't going to use it until programs like EasyCD, NeroCD,
MusicMatch, RealOne, etc. include vorbis in there ready for them to use.

When the roomate doesn't mind it, I'll run Gnucleus and leave it up for
a few days. I get *hammered for the entire time. I'd bet that most of
the d/lers don't realize what .ogg is, they figure it's just some new
MP3 name or something, but they grab it just the same. I also see a lot
of repeat customers. They'll grab one file off a series, then
systematically grab the other 200 over the next couple days. (The entire
music library of Disney comes to mind :)).

So, I dunno, I see more and more Ogg out there every day, and I hope I'm
doing my part.