[vorbis] Problem using the ogg-vorbis win32 SDK 1.0 [VC++6.0 XP]

Ravi Kumar K ravi at infomedia-network.com
Mon Apr 28 07:52:01 PDT 2003

Hi Michael,
Let me  explain the complete problem. I took the file "
encoder_example.c " , and I reaplaced all stdin , stdouts wth file pointers.
so I was trying to encode the file (form .wav format to .ogg format).
encoder_example.c worked fine with the above changes .
Then I replaced the main in the encoder_example.c with EncodeFile and I
tried to call this function.
but at some point [  exactly   at
vorbis_analysis_headerout(&vd,&vc,&header,&header_comm,&header_code);  ]
there is runtime error saying "Access violation" .
As I am just trying to re use the code  as it is from encoder_example.c
, so I am clueless at this point
Regarding Compiler settings ::
   I linked all necessary lib files. I am not sure what u mean by the
following and how to set them ?
   " i.e. not using non-standard ABI, or telling the compiler that
vorbis IS compiled with the standard ABI if you are)? "
Please advise.
Thank you,
Ravi.

Michael Smith wrote:

>On Saturday 26 April 2003 05:27, Ravi Kumar K wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>I am using ogg-vorbis win32 SDK 1.0 [ VC++ 6.0 , Windows XP ]
>>I am trying to use the function  "vorbis_analysis_headerout() ; "
>>When I called the function in a stand alone small C progam it worked ,
>>but when I tried to use the same function as part of some big project it
>>failed saying "Access violation in Vorbis.dll " and the application closed.
>>Any clue ???
>>Thank you,
>>Regards,
>>Ravi.
>>

>You haven't given us much information to go on here. Could you show us your
>code (the bits using vorbis, that is)? Are you using the right compiler
>settings (i.e. not using non-standard ABI, or telling the compiler that
>vorbis IS compiled with the standard ABI if you are)?
>
>Mike

>Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/

Ravi Kumar Krishnamaneni
Intern