[vorbis] bitpeeler

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 08:50:26 PDT 2003

Monty wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:47:14PM -0400, Kyle Rose wrote:
> > No offense, Segher, but the output quality of this thing is awful. =)
>
> It was Segher's annual April Fools' joke.

I think he knew it. The rest of the mail is talking about the idea of just
cutting down the stream in a simple way as described by Segher when he
introduced his joke-program (but not downto 0 information of course)
With the result that it doesn't work well.

-- Daniel

which reads "Genuine authentic Egyptian papyrus.  Guaranteed to be at
least 5000 years old."