[vorbis] OggDrop version ?

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Thu Sep 5 06:19:31 PDT 2002

On 2002-09-04, David Balazic wrote:

> How can I find out the version of the OggDrop program ?
> It has no version info ( no About box ) and the exe file
> properties has no Version tab.
> What version of the vorbis libraries is it using ?
>
> The same goes for OggDropXP ( it is a bit better , it has
> an about box with it version and compile date, but still
> no info about the used ogg/vorbis libs and no Version property
> for the file )

You can just open the exe with a binary viewer and search for the vendor
string ("Xiph" or "2002" will probably find it).

Awake! Awake! Fear, Fire, Foes! Awake! Fire, Foes! Awake! [Tolkien, LOTR]
Fight software patents:  http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/
BTW, does somebody know what's the situation in Israel
concerning software patents?