[vorbis] OggDrop version ?

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Sep 4 10:44:37 PDT 2002

David Balazic wrote:

> How can I find out the version of the OggDrop program ?
> It has no version info ( no About box ) and the exe file
> properties has no Version tab.
> What version of the vorbis libraries is it using ?
>
> The same goes for OggDropXP ( it is a bit better , it has
> an about box with it version and compile date, but still
> no info about the used ogg/vorbis libs and no Version property
> for the file )

Adding that information in future OggDrop releases would make sense.
Right now you have to encode something and then look at the vendor
string in the resulting .ogg file.

OggDropXP's official release on vorbis.com is definitely libvorbis 1.0,
same goes for OggDrop. If you can see the filename in the progress bar,
it's likely to be 1.0, too. (I haven't seen that feature in earlier
versions from vorbis.com.)