[vorbis] encoding PCM chunks?

Dima Berastau dimaberastau at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 03:49:49 PDT 2002

 Hi everyone,
 I was wondering if someone could shed some light on encoding chunks of PCM
data rather than files. My starting point is pretty much that of
vorb_enc.dll by Andy Kay and the encoder_example.c from vorbis 1.0
distribution.
 From what I gather encoder setup goes through fine, but when I get a PCM
chunk to encode, I
can't get past uninterleaving samples, it seems to die with
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION while uninterleaving. Any ideas?
 I guess what I am really asking is how should I go about doing something
like an equivalent of
lame_encode_buffer () or lame_encode_buffer_interleaved () in vorbis?
 Also, a related question. Example encoder has stereo hard coded, what's the
correct method of working with N < 255 number of channels or at least mono
as well as stereo?

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,
dima