[vorbis] Repository of vorbiscomment text files?

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Sun Oct 27 10:13:18 PST 2002

Hello Beni,

Sunday, October 27, 2002, 10:12:19 AM, you wrote:

BC> MusicBrainz.org is a better idea.  It's XML based with a better data model
BC> and ability to evolve.

  I'm looking at it, but my first impression is that it solves a
different problem. They can give each track a unique id. And make
everything searchable by artist. The focus seems to be P2P networks.
And you need a hugh effor to implement it. What I'm looking is an easy
way to comment MY CD collection. Besides their standard is not
flexible. Yes, it's extensible, because it's XML. But not user
extensible. They are only putting the info they want.
  Just to put an example track:
<vorbiscomment>
ALBUM=Celtic Season III - A Windham Hill Sampler
PRODUCER=Mícheál Ó Domhnaill
ARTIST=the windham hill group
GENRE=Celtic
DATE=1997
ENCODED_USING=oggdropXPd interface.
COPYRIGHT=(C) 1997 Windham Hill Records
PUBLISHER=BMG Entertainment International
SOURCEMEDIA=CD
ENCODING= -q 4.99
COMMENT=CD mastered by Hank Waring at Quad Tech Digital, Los Angeles, CA
COMMENT=Art Direction by Candace Upman, Mitchell Design, Palo Alto, CA
COMMENT=Graphic Design by Sandy Del Rio, Mitchell Design, Palo Alto, CA
COMMENT=Photography by Thea Schrack
CONTACT=Web Site http://www.wondham.com
CONTACT=the windham hill group, PO Box 5501, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-5501
CONTACT=800-888-8544
TRACKNUMBER=3
TITLE=Lully Lullay
COMPOSER=Traditional
ARRANGER=Nightnoise
PERFORMER=Tríona Ní Dhomhnaill
PERFORMER=Brian Dunning
PERFORMER=Mícheál Ó Domhnaill
LOCATION=Beechpark Studios, Rathcoole, Dublin, Ireland
COMMENT=Recorded and Mixed by Philip Begley and Mícheál Ó Domhnaill
</vorbiscomment>
  This is what I would like to have. All we need for this is a
database by artist/CD, that stores a text file for each track and then
you can browse it and store it locally if you want.

Best regards,
 Alejandro Belluscio