[vorbis] How to fit Oggs in a specific amount of space?

Martin Fontaine mfont at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 22 16:49:04 PDT 2002

> : 	Isn't there a way to analyse the WAV file(s) and determine the
> : nominal deviation (How hard it will be to encode) and then
> : calculating the q setting to use depending on the size we want.
>
> Wouldn't this take just as long as encoding several times?

        I'd guess twice.  Once for determining the deviation factor, and
then once the quality setting is determined, the encoding itself.
it's still better than trial and error.

|      Martin Fontaine     mfont at videotron.ca      |
| The Braids Bonanza: http://braids.cjb.net        |
| Mel D.'s Good Gifts: http://come.to/meldoane     |