[vorbis] An Analysis of the c't Codec Test

James Snook james.snook at gmx.net
Tue Oct 1 10:36:41 PDT 2002

Sory, I should mention that the 2 CD's that really racked the codecs
were:
Godflesh; Hymns (for the sheer raw sound of the guitar, bass guitar,
drum and vocal)
Opeth; Blackwater Park (Black metal wich is based on a wide style, using
2 distorted guitars, bass drums vocals and acoustic instruments at once,
giving the codec a lot to maintain)
These two let me pick out Vorbis from wav a LOT more than the other 2 I
used.

Its probably a wrong assumption on my behalf, but I think perhaps a lot
of the testing going on in audio codecs revolve around popular music
wich is perhaps easier on the encoding process, I assume good classical
music is also a good test but I don't actually own any to try =)