[vorbis] Multichannel Encoder on TMS320

andy andy at tecton2.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 03:53:24 PDT 2002

Hello All, I've an embedded system question...

Anyone used a floating point DSP to do Vorbis encoding? (eg TMS320C67xx)
I'd like to do as many mono channels as poss at maybe 16 or 22kHz sample
rate.  There's a cripplingly expensive AAC library function which
reckons to do 6 or more channels on one of these chips, so I guess I'll
get something similar doing verbs.  Any advice?

Also, I'm planning to do it without an OS, so I guess I can't use
libvorbis (?) Yes, I know it's good for the soul to start from scratch
anyway.

This is wild-blue-yonder-stuff as far as I'm concerned, so a little
shared experience would be much appreciated.

--
andy