[vorbis] bitrate peeling

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Nov 21 14:04:00 PST 2002

Hi

>>BTW, has anyone tried MPEG4IP, with the Ogg Vorbis support? That uses
>>RTSP. What clients support this?
> As far as I know, none (no major players, anyway - MPEG4IP probably
> has a client they use for testing?).

The player (client) of MPEG4IP supports this. That's the only one
for now - I think. However both the server and the client implements
Jacks draft for streaming Vorbis over RTP so if anyone implements
his draft, it should (except for the loose ends) be compatible.

So far the Vorbis support for MPEG4IP isn't supported on non Unix
platforms, but making it work on MS is mostly a question about
writing the right project file for this damn Visual Studio
monster. I can do so for money, but not many has money :(

Next version is BTW soon due for release and will implement
Jacks draft more correctly.

--PMM