[vorbis] dbPowerAMP, CDex / Re: Freeware windows ogg audio CD burner?

Iain Cheyne iain at shlgroup.com
Thu Nov 21 07:39:04 PST 2002

Edley Stokes at 21 November 2002 15:27 wrote :

> It's not open source, but *dBpowerAMP Music Converter
> <http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm>* has very good Vorbis support. It
> rips to .wav and then encodes .ogg, but it's a one-step process for
> the user, like grip.

> I've not used CDex, but I think it fits your description, and is open
> source:

Thank you for your suggestions but neither program writes [burns] audio cds.
I have used both programs and they are both good, particularly CDex.

I went to dBpowerAMP's website and they do apparently have an audio cd
burner in the pipeline, but it will be shareware. It's not clear if it will
write ogg files directly to an audio cd.

--
Iain

This email is confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you are not an addressee please promptly notify the sender and delete the
message; do not use the content in any other way.