[vorbis] dbPowerAMP, CDex / Re: Freeware windows ogg audio CD burner?

Edley Stokes edley at speakeasy.net
Thu Nov 21 07:26:45 PST 2002

Iain Cheyne wrote:

> I know I can convert the oggs to wavs and then to the audio CD, but it
> would be good to do it in one step.
> If there is nothing available right now, are there any freeware /
> open-source products in the pipeline?

It's not open source, but *dBpowerAMP Music Converter
<http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm>* has very good Vorbis support. It
rips to .wav and then encodes .ogg, but it's a one-step process for the
user, like grip. The developer is quick to implement the latest
revisions, and responds well to user feedback.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com

Vorbis users are well-represented in their user forum.
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211&highlight=poll

Basic software is free, and all you need, but they have a "Power Pack"
add-on for like $20 that enables volume normalization and additional
tags. I'm pretty happy with it.
-----

I've not used CDex, but I think it fits your description, and is open
source:
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net

I'm sure there are many other packages like what you describe.

Es.