[vorbis] midi data to control lighting desks

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Sat Nov 23 23:02:38 PST 2002

Hello Jack,

Sunday, November 24, 2002, 12:19:45 AM, you wrote:

>> MB> Hi- just wondering how things are progressing on the
>> MB> stick-midi-data-inside-a-vorbis-file (so i can sit back, relax &
>> MB> get drunk instead of manually doing a really complicated lighting
>> MB> show)
>> You should really ask that question on the Theora-Dev list. It seems
>> to me that Monty is in one of those "too busy coding the multiplexing
>> library to answer question about multiplexing". Which may be an
>> optimum use of his time (may be).
>> But you can read:
>> http://www.xiph.org/archives/theora-dev/200209/0040.html

JM> The code has been done for well over a year for Vorbis+MIDI.  It's all
JM> in CVS in the 'ogg-tools' module, along with a demo file.  It's not
JM> elegant, but it gets the job done.

Please remember that that code is not Vorbis File Specification I
compilant (since it doesn't allows multiplexed ogg files). And the
same infrastructure is being worked out right now in the Theora
Project. I don't know if I would base a system in code that may very
well be orphaned.

--
Best regards,
 Alejandro                            mailto:baldusi at uol.com.ar