[vorbis] portable ogg hardware update

David Demers david.demers at sos.state.co.us
Thu Nov 21 08:15:38 PST 2002

Does anyone know of any updates in the portable ogg support category? How's the iRiver evaluation unit scenario working out (http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/hardware.html) ? Can I safely assume that any retail product being available by Christmas falls in to the "Snowballs chance in... a very warm place" category.

Also, I happen to be one of the (apparently) few people who purchased an Iomega HipZip, who originally advertised the future support of ogg, but who has since moved the device into their "Legacy Product" category (read "your screwed buddy"). I recall seeing somewhere in the archives that someone may have had an Alpha version of a firmware update they were playing with. I'd love to get my hands on it if possible.

TIA,
David