[vorbis] Questions

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Nov 8 17:26:53 PST 2002

At 10:26 PM 8/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm Adrian and I'm from Switzerland. Your OggVorbis format I
>find it very very cool, congratulations! But now I've one
>question about: Can I stream with OggVorbis?

Yes. You can download icecast2 (a streaming media server with
ogg vorbis support) from www.xiph.org/~msmith/
You can also find other tools there, like ices - a program
for creating streams for the server to serve. If you want
windows versions of icecast2, etc., see www.oddsock.org

>Now another question: Short after the release of OggVorbis,
>Microsoft releases WM9. Have they download your source code
>and write a copyright for themselves? Contains WM9 OggVorbis
>source code?

This is extremely unlikely. WM9 is a completely different format.

Michael