[vorbis] Tag changes

Paul de Weerd paul at mail.me.maar.nu
Wed Mar 27 15:23:48 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:31:00PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
| 8 years ago I bought a CD player, and it fully supported indexes, but I
| never had a CD that used that feature.

>From cdrecord(1) :
<SNIP>
       index=list
              Sets  an  index  list for the next track.  In index
              list is a comma separated list of numbers that  are
              counting from index 1. The first entry in this list
              must contain a 0, the following numbers must be  an
              ascending  list  of  numbers (counting in 1/75 sec-
              onds) that represent the start of the  indices.  An
              index  list  in the form: 0,7500,15000 sets index 1
              to the start of the track, index 2 100 seconds from
              the start of the track and index 3 200 seconds from
              the start of the track.
<SNIP>

I suppose everyone can write his own CD's with indices (this is
cdrecord 1.10). I don't suppose everyone has the hardware to play
'em... I know I'd like to have one (just out of curiosity ;)

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/