[vorbis] high quality samples

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Mar 27 08:51:38 PST 2002

ff123 wrote:
> Most of the samples on my page are less than 30 seconds, and I am assuming
> the Fair Use doctrine applies.  However, I don't know if you wish to make
> such an assumption.

It's always a good idea to check back with the copyright law in your
country. In Germany, for example, the paragraphs that can be compaired
to a Fair Use doctrine talk only about private backups, if I remember
correctly, and not about redistributing something to anybody who is not
a close relative or a close friend. As soon as a melody is recognizeable
(neither length nor quality of a clip matter), it is affected by this
law. So basicly, everything has to be licensed in some way (money
doesn't even have to involved, there just has to be some kind of a
contract).